Cadnetics is a privately-owned company headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. We have been in business since 1993 and are expanding nationally. At Cadnetics, technology is at the core of everything we do. We support the entire building construction industry. We want to build the best team and find individuals that have a passion for pushing technology and want to help the entire industry and not just one company.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Team Leader of BIM Services reports directly to the Director. This individual directs and coordinates all activities for the BIM division and assists the Vice President in recommending departmental procedures and long-range goals for the department. Also, Team Leader is involved in the strategy, process, modeling and coordination on all projects. This person has knowledge of MEP Systems, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Revit, and Navisworks and an understanding of construction documents. Team Leader of BIM Services will create, delegate and monitor all tasks for the project to ensure progress is being maintained towards the project agreement, goals, and objectives. Confers with Director to review project statuses and discuss required adaptations to meet the project goals or objectives as a result of current status and conditions. Manages Technology Specialists and assists with production of all projects in BIM division as needed. The individual in the position has a top priority of making sure all projects are done on time and in budget.
- Assists in the development of producing, editing and coordinating 3D MEP models
- Strategizes with Director on project-related modeling / BIM requirements with the project team at project kickoff
- Assists in the development of the company's BIM related goals, initiatives, and standards in collaboration with project teams
- Oversee all BIM projects, technology specialists working on the projects specific to the BIM division. Review, mark up, and redline project drawings for Technology Specialists
- Create, Assign and Monitor all BIM project tasks to make sure they are on target to meet the allocated scope of work and deadline
- Ensure quality control across all BIM projects
- Confer with the Director to disseminate pertinent project updates, team responsibilities, and budgets for weekly meetings
- Responsible for setting up projects, coordinating staff and allocating hours for the BIM division in coordination with the Director.
- Participates in Virtual Construction, Clash Detection and Coordination meetings
- If required by client, visit job site and meet with clients to acquire necessary project information for Cadnetics’ proposals
- Confer with the Director on any recommended software and/or hardware needed for the BIM division.
- Assist in performing reviews or corrective actions for the BIM Technology Specialists.
- Manage and produce drawings/models for all BIM projects as needed
- Review timesheets in the Director’s absence. Sign-off on all BIM Technology Specialist’s bi-weekly timesheets for final approval
- Assists with tracking, collecting, and implementing requests for information (RFI) responses, cut sheet and equipment information, and client-directed drawings
- Assists with large projects setting project goals and deadlines, and ensuring budgets and project hours stay on track
- Assigns work tasks to Technology Specialists
- Meets with clients when needed
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise and project experience in MEP Modeling with Revit
- Requires a degree or certificate in Revit or BIM or be able to obtain a certificate in Revit within 1 year of hire
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience managing projects
- Experience and level of comfort with team collaboration
- Demonstrates organizational and communication skills
- Experience in modeling from a 2D document to produce a 3D model
- Competency in reading construction drawings and understanding MEP Systems
- Ability to create, delegate and monitor all tasks for the project
- 2+ years of experience working with Revit software modeling MEP systems
- 1+ years of experience with MEP coordination with Navisworks
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience managing people
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to manage multiple people and projects under very tight deadlines
- Must be able to communicate with clients in a positive, professional manner
- 60% - 3D Modeling/Coordination
- 20% - Project Management including creating, delegating, monitoring tasks
- 10% - Participating in Project Meetings
- 10% - Administrative/Training/Misc.
Travel will be minimal. Some out of town and overnight travel may be required. Local on-site client meetings might be required at times.
- Competitive base salary ($48,000-$70,000)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) savings plan with employer match
- Medical, vision, dental, short-term and long-term disability
- Training opportunities/Lunch and learns to help educate employees on software and technology
Chosen applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background check.